- Where are you from originally? I’m a Jersey Girl, I grew up in Bergen County, NJ.
- How long have you been a floral designer? I’ve been working with flowers for close to 30 years. I started as a delivery person at a local florist to help put myself through college as an art major. My infamous story began with me totaling the delivery van. Instead of firing me, my employer decided to keep me off the road & taught me how to design. I’ve been a floral designer ever since.
- Why did you choose to focus on weddings? I enjoy the creative process behind putting together the vision of my clients for their weddings. Couples are very focused on details, the mood they’re trying to create for their day. Their intention is to create a story that uniquely exemplifies them. I may be biased, but I feel that flowers are one of the more important elements that tie that story together.
- What is your favorite part of your job? Meeting and working with great people & knowing I’m creating lifelong memories through my artistic ability as a designer.
- Why do you love Pinterest? Pinterest is an amazing tool for a florist. I’m able to learn the style, mood, & color palette of my clients through their pinned boards. Sometimes they don’t even see the pattern they’re putting together until I point it out. I joke that it’s a great tool for me, but its a total visual overload for them because it’s obviously very addicting!
- What do you do in your spare time? My spare time is called Winter. It begins once wedding season is over. I mostly enjoy DIY projects at home that I find on Pinterest, of course! I have two hairless Sphynx cats & a Chinese Crested Hairless dog that I spoil the rest of the time!